This is part of the new TALK Roundtable series, where you can discuss hot topics with your fellow TALK members. Come prepared with your thoughts and questions for the group, and be ready to share. Everyone is encouraged to speak their mind during this open discussion.
Topic: The changing nature of in-person and remote work has forced onboarding to be reimagined. Let's talk about how your onboarding practices have shifted, what's been successfull, and what needs continued improvement in the new world of work.
Some specific areas of onboarding that we may touch on:
- Pre-employment - Standard HR paperwork, I-9 verification for remote workers, etc.
- Pre-boarding - Are we doing anything to maintain engagement during background checks?
- Orientation - Systems access and training. Workplace familiarity/facility tours,
- Social considerations - Building comradery for new hires on their teams or with other new hires
- General onboarding - Sharing corporate missions and values. Expressing company culture to people that may be WFH and not actively able to experience it on a regular basis.
- Role-specific onboarding - Skills training, shadowing, mentorship, etc.